Thursday, November 1, 2007

Our Dentist will be going on vacation!!!!


Well.....our kids just like many of yours, hit the jackpot last night, or so our dentist thinks. They wanted to go around the square first, so we did that. It was really an absolute waste of time, but they enjoyed it. Then we went to our church. They had a trunk or treat planned. It was absolutely crazy. People were handing out full size candy bars and my kids got way more then their fair share, as did every child there. When the kids got home they sorted their candy and I am guessing they have a total of about 10 or more pounds of tooth rotting, sickening sweet, hyper-stimulating pure sugar!!!!! They went as a princess, nurse, vampire and basketball player. I am sure you can guess who each one was.


I really do HATE Halloween. Not for any noble reason as do some, but I guess I have always hated begging and feel Halloween is begging at its best!!!! We try to teach our kids to never ask people for gum or candy, then we take them to others houses and ENCOURAGE them to do just that......it just doesn't make sense!!!!! The only reason I do it, is to make my kids somewhat happy with me!!!!
This year was no exception, I think I grumbled the whole way. When it was finally over I still had an entire living room floor covered with candy wrappers and unwanted candy to clean up. I did insist that they put up a good portion of it for weeks later, and the funny thing is they did so without complaining. So now I have a whole basket FULL of candy just waiting for little, and not so little goblins to gobble up..........anyone want a SNICKERS, MOUNDS OR MAYBE A MILKY WAY??????????

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your party reminded me so much of what we did as a kid. We would always have kids over, have a big bonfire (weather permitting)but also trick-or-treat until our legs were exhausted! lol

This was the first year that we chose not to celebrate Halloween at all. I think it is the right direction for our family but I'll be honest I missed dressing up the kids and all the candy...mostly the candy! :-) So, yeah, I'll take one of each!

Happy Friday!

Carrie said...

So after the boys went to bed, I dug through their candy, picked out everything I liked (mainly the Twix, Almond Joys and gummy bears) and they were none the wiser! ;)

Janiece said...

I love the exciment of getting costumes on and faces painted and all that that come with it! My Mom never really put much effort into my costumes, so I try my best to help the kids have fun! I'm sure your kids love it that you make Halloween a special time for them! I must confess, I did dig through their buckets and get all the chocolate out, HA!