Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A sad day

Eleven years ago today I lost someone very dear to me, a beautiful person.... my mother. My mom died very suddenly on a Sunday afternoon just prior to the evening church service. She was only fifty four years old. We had no time to say good bye, have a final fling or give a good bye hug. It was something that we did not plan on, wish for or want to happen, death is just so final and ugly!!!!
She was a wonderful person..... my best friend really. She was my cheerleader and always believed in me. I am just so thankful that we had the relationship that we did, and I have nothing to regret. There wasn't a day that went by that we didn't talk on the phone or see each other. I was her "baby" so I suppose she spoiled me just a little. She loved to watch the boys and spoiled them too. She was just a great mom!!
I miss her beyond words and still grieve the loss of such a loving mother. So today, just like every year since that day, I am sad, and wish for what will never again be.....my mom at my side.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Lisa,
I am so, so sorry for your loss. I can only imagine the grief that you feel on the anniversary of her death. I know that you must miss not only the "mom" part of her but the "grandma" too. I hope that you felt God's arms around you today.

tacomom said...

I'm so sorry. I hope you found a little bit of comfort in the happy memories today :)

Jody J said...

I'm so sorry. I can't imagine the loss you are feeling. You are in my prayers.

Janiece said...

Lisa,
I am so sorry you have to have these kind of sad days. It must be very hard on you being so young and all, I fear my sad days are ahead of me soon too. I am very thankful for my mom as well, but her and I have never been super close the way you were with your mother. Cherish knowing that you had a best friend in her and make those same memories for your girls.

Janiece said...

I guess I should have said "make those same memories with your kids", not just your girls. I know how special those boys can be too : )

Lisa said...

Thanks all for your kind and caring comments. I guess I sounded all blue.....and I was, however, I have sooooo many good memories that I love to think about too. She really wouldn't want me moping around,so I try to be happy and think of the good times!!!! It is nice to know I have caring friends, Thank YOU!!!!!

Carrie said...

I can't even fathom the feeling of losing my mom at such a young age. I'm sure your day was bittersweet. Hold those happy memories close!