Monday, July 9, 2007

Garden Delight~~




Well....my little garden is finally giving us some produce. We got it in kind of late, so we are just now getting cucumbers, zucchini and hot peppers. The beans are growing fast and I will probably have a mess next week. I have never seen such big misshapen cucumbers. We have probably 50 or more butternut squash!!! We planted supposed cantaloupe and they came up squash and even more came up volunteer from last year. They are taking over!!!!! I always say my garden is my therapy session. After a crazy day at work I usually find a little peace and quiet among the vines and squash!!!!
In other Gardner news.....Jordan has been helping Dave a couple days a week. Dave has taught him to touch up cars and buff them. He is so excited about the work and more importantly ....the PAY!!! He is saving for a laptop. He came home today so excited because he got to touch a Ferrari. Guess I don't care much if I ever touch one....must be a guy thing!! Jenny has been asking for the other kids to come for the day now and then, so they too have been having fun while I am at work. It makes my day go a little better knowing they are having a good day too. Tonight Kyler is spending the night with Austin, he really likes him and they have fun together even though there is a big age difference. Libby has been baking allot lately. She made an angel food cake for Church last night, and not one bite came home!!! She said that must mean she is a good 'baker lady'. My job is going good. I am learning so much in a big hurry. It gets frustrating sometimes because everything has a mnemonic. IHHA, IHI, CMMS, QNet, HCAHPS, JACHO then dashboards and scorecards and core measures all over....the list goes on and on.....I wish they would just call things what they are. That would make my life soooooooo much easier if they would. :*)
Well, enough rambling...thought I would just let you know what we have been up to.

5 comments:

Angie D said...

Just don't leave any watermelon seeds lying around the garden unless you want a bumper crop of them. A few years ago, my dad tossed out the leftovers and seeds after a party and the next year, he had over a dozen watermelons!

Lisa said...

I think that is how I got the squash....bad move!!!

Catrena said...

Sounds like you're keeping busy. Glad the job is going well. I tried calling last night to chat. We'll have to get together soon.

Carrie said...

I totally understand the job thing and with our software system, I'm having to learn all the "codes" too! Extremely frustrating when one medication has a couple of different names and you can't find the code for either (especially for me who doesn't know the names of anything my kids haven't taken!)

Anonymous said...

To many squash? If you do another yard sale, the kids could sell veggies along with their limonade. I'm might be coming to Frankfort next week, maybe I can take some of the extras off your hands. ;)

Becky