Saturday, December 15, 2007

Libby's first recital



Libby's first recital was Thursday evening. She has just started taking lessons this school year and this was the first ever for her. She played the "Twinkles" with two other little girls, and then did a solo, "Jingle Bells". I was so proud of her, I thought she did very well for a new student. I always wanted to play a violin, but did the flute and piano instead, so I guess she is living my dream!! Anyway, just thought I would brag a little, guess I can do that since this is my blog!!

5 comments:

Angie D said...

Be glad yours wanted something so elegant as violin. I have 2 wannabe drummers here, with a side interest in electric guitar, maracas and the kazoo. It's going to be hard to fit that into worship service...

Unknown said...

I have drummers! And a 3 year old guitar player! Fortunately, they can all carry a tune--although you'd never know it by the "music" I hear! :-)

Janiece said...

Keegan came home from school and told us that DaNae had invited him to her recital at it was at 6:30. We got there at 6:34 and...it was well over half over. Libby was the first person we heard play and she did a GREAT job! We were sad we missed the rest of it, but that's the way it goes!

Carrie said...

I bet you were proud! I'm sure she did a great job!

Yes, Brennan is showing promise as a Recorder player, but he still insists he wants to play the Uillean Bagpipes (Irish bagpipes--no blowing necessary) to the tune of $2,000 for a practice set! Aaaah!

Bobbie said...

Libby did wonderful. I was proud of her and she's not even my daughter. I'm glad she enjoys it.