Thursday, January 17, 2008

I am surviving


Well....thought I would let everyone know I am actually alive!!! A lot has changed but we all are doing actually pretty well. My classes are going good and I am really doing quite well. It is not near as boring as one would think and I have learned a lot about research and stats. I am maintaining my grades and hopefully will be able to keep them there.






The kids are doing real good in school as well. Some of you may not know that we put the kids into school after Christmas. Home school has it's advantages....but not for two working full time parents. So.....yes, I guess we failed at homeschooling. The kids really missed other kids their own ages and really wanted to go, so we put them into school. They are going to Clinton Prairie, the county public school. They absolutely LOVE it!!! We are very pleased with the teachers and the way that they want to help our children. Alayna has never liked school, not even the first day....however now she is totally thrilled and excited each day!! Hopefully that will continue!!! Jordan is able to play the sports that he loves so much and is part of the JV basketball team!! He has made lots of friends and is glad to be back in school as well. He has made me proud. Libby and Austin are also doing good and have adjusted very well. It is just a relief to know all the educating is not on my incapable shoulders. The fact that they have real teachers rather than Dave and I, relieves my little mind.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Lisa,

IMO, it would have been a greater failure to continue to homeschooling --if you cannot do it well--that's my biggest fear. And I don't work outside the home!

Best wishes for your continued education...I always dream about going back to school but by the time I get my crew off to college...I'll be TOO old!

Janiece said...

So glad the kids are doing well in school and have met lots of great friends! Best of luck to you with your school work too!

Carrie said...

Glad the kids are adjusting well. It makes me feel better, since we'll be sending Brennan into the Danville Public School system next year!

It's certainly a scary step to take!

Angie D said...

I've decided that you and Gene owe Dave and I a cruise or something when these degrees are done. ;)

Lisa said...

Angie....if you both are very supportive....maybe a seat in the front row at graduation????? Will that work??