Saturday, February 2, 2008

Mama is proud!!

CAUTION......If you don't want to hear a proud mom brag on her child don't read this.....it is my blog so I can do it!!!!

I am so proud of my 'lil Libby!!! Libby is in forth grade and has an awsome teacher that she loves and seems to love her back. She (her teacher) has been working on building up Libby's self confidence. She knew that Libby has been taking violin lessons, so she asked her to bring it in and play Amazing Grace for her class. I was surprised, as I didn't think in public school that they would want a hymn.....however that was the request because it was mentioned in one of the stories they had been reading for story time. So.....on Friday Libby toted her violin in to class. She played for her room first. Her teacher was so pleased that she asked Libby if she would play for all the forth grade classes. So......Libby got to play for all the forth grade!!!!! Libby was so excited (I was too!! can you tell!!). She said she was shaking like a leaf!!! Anyway.......she made this ole mama proud!!!!!!! I will post pics later.

In other news....I have a ten page critique due this week, so I am working like a crazy woman to try to complete it. I am preparing a hospital for a Joint Commission Survey, I helped to make a paper mache' gorilla this week, helped a franic firstgrader to read the word watermelon, assisted with the making of a milk jug bird feeder and have been taxi service too many times to count!!!!! This is the life that I love.....truly!!! :*)

Please don't look at my spelling......I can't get spell check to check!!!! grrrrrrrr

8 comments:

Michelle said...

I would be proud too! We put our kids in public school this year and have been pleasantly surprised. I think we tend to hear all the bad stories and never hear the good ones. Hope you get you paper done on time! ;o)

Michelle said...

I must add that they attend a county school too, and I think maybe that does make a difference.

Jody J said...

You have a right to be proud of Libby. She's turning in to a beautiful young lady!

Angie D said...

Libby has always been such a sweetie. I'm glad her teacher recognizes the need to help build up her confidence. Gene's got his first test tonight in MicroEconomics and he's dreading it.

Bobbie said...

That had to make you so happy. Libby must already be more confident because there was a time I don't think she would have wanted to play for that many people. Your her mom you better be proud. If your not proud of her she probably wouldn't care if anyone else was either. Mommies are very important to their babies.

Janiece said...

Awwww, that is really neat! Congrats Libby that is awesome! You have every right to be proud of her Mama, all of our kiddos need to know we are proud of them!

Carrie said...

Good for Libby! It's great to hear she has a teacher who is sensitive to what's going on in her kids' lives!

Maplewood Labradors said...

That is awesome!!!! I am so happy for Libby. I'm sure she did a great job, and helped her confidence to grow by leaps and bounds. Way to go, Lib!