Friday, August 3, 2007

Jordan Lee Gardner is 14!!!!!!!



After I posted last, I remembered that I should have posted about Jordan's birthday.


August 2 1993 @5:32 p.m. our lives changed forever!!! A beautiful....or should I say handsome ....red head, chubby baby boy made his way into the world and our hearts. He was 8lbs, 9oz and 21 3/4" long and the most beautiful baby in the world (Susan will have a different opinion on this!!). We were young and never expected the changes that he would bring. We never expected the instant and overwhelming feelings of love that we would feel. We never expected the protective feelings we would have. We never expected the feelings of pride over each little accomplishment. We never expected the dreams for his future would be so big or the desire to see him succeed so intense. We never realized that our example and our attitudes would impact his little life forever. We never realized he would change our lives....for the better.....forever!!!!!

Yes....he did give me many sleepless nights in the beginning.....and maybe more will come.......but he gave me such a desire to be the best person I could be...because a little guy was watching my every move!!!! He gave us unconditional love in a big conditional world. He gave us a reason to go on!!! He made me proud to be his mom!!

Now he is not so little... in fact he is bigger then me, but the feelings are the same...I love him unconditionally, I am proud of his accomplishments and want to see him succeed, and more importantly I want be an example and help him make it to heaven.

When he reads this, he will be all embarrassed....but....I just want everyone to know .................this is my favorite 14 year old!!!!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday, Jordan!! And to think, I remember when you were in kindergarten! Where does time go, Lisa? (of course, if you actually knew, you'd tell me..rolling eyes)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jordan! It's been great watching turn into a wonderful young man! :-)

Angie D said...

If I think really hard, I can just barely recall a time when he wasn't taller than me! Happy birthday, Jordan!

Anonymous said...

Lisa, Your post about Jordan was so sweet! It brought tears to my eyes.

Becky