Friday, August 17, 2007

Libby is 10!!



Well....I haven't had time to blog because life has just been too busy, but my little Libby had a birthday since my last post!!!!! I will never forget the day we found out we were going to have a little girl, it was one of the happiest of my life. Libby was not ....well.....planned, she just sort of happened. Oh, I know I am a nurse, I should know how these things happen....but I guess I didn't :*). We found out we were pregnant and both of us really wanted a girl, but figured it would be another boy. My mom had just died two months prior, and I really wanted to name a little girl after her, as she was due on my moms birthday (today)!!!!!!

On the day of the ultrasound my stomach was in knots. The tech said....well....it looks like...... you have a little princess!!!! I felt hot, dizzy, cold, palpitations and fear all at once!!!! Yes, fear because I had no idea how to raise a princess! Boys I could do, I already had two, but a GIRL, what if she acted like me???!!!!!!!!!! What about the mood swings, what about the tears, what about the shouting and the drama? Well, Libby came along about 8 months later, all 7lbs 3oz and 20" of her. She was my smallest, but had the most dark brown hair I had ever seen on a baby!!!

We loved her from the start....she was a fun little gal, and oh so beautiful. It didn't take long to realize a girl wasn't much different from a boy. Her moods and tears were not much more frequent then the boys, the shouting never came, ....and as for the drama....wellllllll...lets just say we are surviving !!!!!! And to top it all off it was a lot of fun to dress her in frills and bows. She really wasn't a demanding baby, she smiled alot and made us love her more and more.

She had daddy's heart from the very first, I think he didn't know what hit him. He would lay with her on his chest and just look at her and smile. The boys loved her too and we all were thankful for the perfect little gift from God, Elisabeth Jane. We often said we thought my mom sent her because she knew I wanted a little girl so bad!!!

Libby has grown to be a beautiful young lady. She has a tender heart, and always tries to please others. She likes to bake and does a real good job helping me with the house. She is a little mother to Alayna and helps her out in lots of ways. I am convinced that God has big things in store for Libby. It is exciting for us to watch her grow up to be the young lady God wants her to be. She wants to be a nurse when she grows up. Whatever she will be, I will ever be proud and thankful for the beautiful gift from heaven sent my way on August 9, 1997 .

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'd better watch out mama, she is going to be a heart-breaker :) I love the top picture, she is a beautiful little girl. I sure miss her smile and help in SS class. Happy Birthday Libby!

Anonymous said...

How many tissues didya go through as you were typing this?

Lisa said...

Kathy....many tissues!!!! I think Dave thought I finally lost it, crying over my blog....then he read it...and I think I spoted A tear, his princess is growing up!

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
It was great to get a message from you! What a beautiful family you have. I do remember you, of course. Beth (Bell) and I still remain close friends --you may have seen the Happy Birthday tribute to her but other than that--I am pretty much out of the loop.
We just moved to Atlanta this summer and are still adjusting. We lived in Louisville for 10 years and that became home to us. I'm glad to see that you are blogging. I'll add you to my blogroll and keep in touch.
In His Grip,
Amy

Anonymous said...

I just had a huge lump in my throat and felt like I was going to have a melt down.Lisa you are a great writer! That was so precious! I remember so many things about the day Libby was born. Becky and I had just made the trip to PA to see you all and never expected she would come the weekend we were there. What a huge surprise! It was so fun taking the boys to the hopital to see her. We were all so excited about this little girl! My first niece! Libby, you are a sweetheart!
Aunt Carol

Bobbie said...

Libby IS a very beautiful little, I mean big, girl. She is so sweet and precious. Treasure your time with her as you know time flies. Tell her happy birthday from us.

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday, Libby!! You're turning into a beautiful young lady!

Angie D said...

She's getting so grownup--makes me feel like a dinosaur. Dave's going to be fighting off the boys with a stick very soon!

Catrena said...

Beautiful post. Happy Birthday, Libb.

tacomom said...

Happy Birthday, Libby! (she shares Tony's dob :) I think it awesome that your mom sent you the little girl you wished for :):)