Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Austin turned 12......a month ago :(



Well, in looking over my blog I realized that I never posted on Austin's birthday!! Bad mom, I know!! Austin's big day was September 3. He is now 12 going on 20!!! Austin is our little comedian. He has a real sense of humor and is very witty. He can make me laugh even in the darkest of times.
As a baby he was so sweet!! He made his surprise appearance a week early and in a big fast hurry. My labor only lasted less then two hours with him, and I never really had any pain. He came out screaming, weighing in at 7 pounds 10 oz 21 inches long. He was our only surprise baby...he was modest and kept his legs crossed each time we tried to see what he was!!!! He was much smaller then Jordan, but just as feisty. From the start he held his own, never letting himself get run over!!! He had beautiful blond curls, and was my chubbiest baby/toddler. He sucked his thumb and was content to sit on a blanket and play with toys. My dad always said that he never heard Austin cry, he was just a really good baby. He loved tractors and he would play outside all day when I would let him.
Austin was not hard to fall in love with. He was adorable and I thought him the cutest baby in the world. He liked to give "lovies", and He would pat my face with his chubby little hands and say "luv ew ma ma". When he got bigger he would bring me fists full of weeds/flowers every chance that he got. He loved hugs and would respond with the tightest squeezes around my neck.
Austin is growing up, he is not my little baby anymore. He is turning into a wonderful young man. I sometimes wish I had those baby days back. I miss his fat little fist, and his grimy chubby cheeks. I wish for the sloppy kisses just because he wanted to, and I wish I could feel his bear hugs tightly around my neck. I would love to hear him say "luv ew ma ma" again....but wait.....he does do all those things, he just does them in a more grown up way. Many times each day I hear him quickly say "love ya mom", and feel a brief touch of his lips to my cheek. I get a quick squeeze as he heads out the door to play with his friends, and yes he still brings me flowers and they no longer are smashed and bruised. He still loves, just in a more grown up way. I still have my baby....just in a bigger package!!!
I am amazed at the talents that Austin has been blessed with. He is very musical and has a real talent for music/singing. He is still very shy about that, but someday that will change. He is artistic and can draw very well. He also can write stories and articulate well. I can't wait to see what God has in store for him. It never ceases to thrill me when I see him singing when he thinks he is unobserved. God has truly given him talents.
I don't know his future, but I do know that God has a great plan for him. I also know that I am truly blessed to be called his mother, I can think of nothing greater. Each day I thank God for giving me this "man" to raise for my Master. My prayer is that I will do it well.

2 comments:

Janiece said...

Happy Belated Birthday Austin! You and Talon are a little over a year apart. He turned 11 this week, doesn't seem possible our boys are going to be teens before we know it. Have you read the book, "Bringing Up Boys" by Dr. Dobson? I started reading it and it is really good, you would probably benefit from it, since you have two boys too. It really helps you to understand the "little men" that live in your home : )

Jody J said...

Happy Birthday to Austin. He's such a handsome boy.