Wednesday, June 13, 2007

My Last Night Shift!!!!!

Tonight is my last night full time at Witham Hospital. I will have two weeks off, then I will start at St. Vincent as Quality Nurse Manager. I have mixed feelings about this change, and have been sort of feeling sad about leaving OB/LD. The staff at Witham has been great and I have made lots of friends in the short time that I have been there. I also really enjoy patient care and being allowed to share in such a special time with my patients. The down side to all that is that I have been working nights from 6pm-6am three nights a week, usually Monday through Wednesday. I feel like I sleep all the time, yet never feel rested. My body must be getting old, and I just can't do it anymore.
When Frankfort called me and offered me this new opportunity I felt like it was a true miracle, I hadn't even called them about a job and totally unexpected they called me with a position that I could have only dreamed about. My new hours will be "normal" day shift hours, with no weekends or holidays and the extra pay is a nice too!!!! :) I am sure that I will have many more responsibilities and stresses as manager, but with that will come a lot of new education and good experience for the resume`.
Anyway.....I shouldn't be feeling sad, but I have been anyway because of the mixed feelings about leaving Witham. Dave must have noticed that I needed a "pick-me-up", because when I got home at 6:30 this morning the was cleaning the house, even mopping the floors!!! Nothing is better then knowing your house is clean.......and you didn't have to do it!!! He really is a great guy. He probably does not read my blog.....so he probably won't see this....but if he does THANK YOU!!, the clean house made my day!!!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Good Luck! You're going to do great! I'm sure it will be nice not having to work a night shift after all these years of doing just that!

Anonymous said...

Didn't know you had accepted the new job. Good luck! I also didn't know you had started a blog. I also agree that there is no better feeling than getting help around the house!
Julie W.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa....Nice to see you have a blog....

I have been wanting to call you and have not known when the best time is to call...Anna is wanting to get togather with libby...
My email is katies3babes@yahoo.com