Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I am home.....and still alive!!!






Well.....I made it home in one piece from PA!!! It was a very tiring but profitable trip. My sister and I left on Thursday evening for Columbus OH for the CHEO (Christian Home Educators Ohio) Convention. I guess it finally hit home...... after I unloaded a little ton of money.... that we are doing what we said we would never do.....HOME SCHOOL!!!!! I bought all the needed materials and learned a lot of tips from the convention. It was a huge encouragement to me, and I found out that homeschoolers do not necessarily look like my mind pictured them to look!!!!! NORMAL people home school...all for various reasons. We won't actually be teaching....because we will be using a CD curriculum....but it is still a HUGE responsibility!!!! However, we know it is the right thing to do for this year, and we will let time tell for the future. Some...actually many.... have set us up to fail, but when we know God is leading we know it will not.
Dave stayed with Dad and Nancy with the kids.....he helped dad cut some trees and do a little yard work. He has his own "war" stories to tell!!!!! Old people are just too funny!!!!! Teresa and I came home on Saturday, then we left for home on Sunday night!!!!! The pictures are of us at dads having fun together.
Needless to say we are tired, but wanting to give the kids a time of vacation. We went to the zoo again on Monday then plan to camp and go to Holiday World the rest of this week. I start my new job on Monday!!!! WOW, lots to do in a small amount of time!!!

5 comments:

Angie D said...

You're a brave woman! I'll pray for an extra dose of grace for you. I considered it but realized I'd be terrible. I'm too neurotic and my son is a stinker.

Carrie said...

Good luck! Don't ever feel like God's leading is mistake, even if the direction He's leading in is only temporary! Don't worry about what people think!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't help but smile when you said that homeschoolers are not like your mind pictured them to be. Actually, I THINK we are quite normal...(:-)

We have loved homeschooling and all the kids have done quite well.

Keep your spirits up. You will have hard days and wonderful days, but that is the way in every thing we do.

As far as people setting you up to fail...we were told very plainly that we would fail, that we were not capable of teaching our children, but the end results do not show that. Our two graduates both ended with 4.0 GPA's and VERY HIGH Collegeboard SAT's. Stacy has about 3 years to go and is doing quite well too.

It does take lots of time and energy, but the rewards are good.

Lisa said...

Thanks Melva....I needed that today.

Janiece said...

Sounds like you all have been enjoying your summer! We plan on heading to PA in August if all goes well, so we will now know the stress of that LOOONNNGGG trip, lol!